Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday's Wet World.........


Photos from inside usually look like this with droplets on the window.  This was taken after a very big rain with water on the sidewalk running like a mountain stream.  The ditch is full of water and is almost onto the road and the road itself looks like a lake.  This will make the corn grow if it ever dries out enough to enable them to plant it.


Some of the perils of having people do you  a good deed is that you can be hurried to make bad decisions.   I know that doesn't make sense but I had a lot of help last fall with my leaves, which I do the work myself  myself normally.  These very fine people raked all my leaves to the sidewalk and saved me so much work.  It was getting late when they were finishing and I decided to burn the leaves on the sidewalks.  It was dark and I had about of dozen people around.  While lighting everything up, I caught things on fire.  This Austrian pine survived as its twin did not.  You can see the ends of the pine has been effected by the heat of the burning leaves.  I hope the excess rains encourages it to overlook my mistreatment of it.


The neighbors have all their cats locked up in the house right now.  There was another neighbor who has a dog, who hates cats.  You can fill in the blanks.  This is their white kitty and she sneaked out the back dog door to get a snack at my wife's feeder.  Then she scurried back to her house. I bet the neighbors didn't know she had escaped.  This is the same cat that I photographed playing in a pine tree and exploring the trees and fences in the yard.  She also sits in the window and looks out. Also we now see Tiny Tim in the window.



The birch is putting out its little pods.  I know they have a name but I didn't retain that info.  We seem to keep easing into spring and early summer despite all of the cold. Warm weather is coming next week.

I am following a student around today learning all sorts of things in history, science and math.  I lived the history lesson today as I was 12 years old during the Cuban Missile crisis. Well it is in the middle of the week and we get out early today.  That is a good thing.  Thanks for stopping by today and stay safe.

No comments: