Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday's Stills...........


I cleaned up a lot of dead stems from around this rose a month ago.  The rose is rewarding me for the trim and clean up of dead leaves.  This is my small pink rose and there are three blooms on the bush. It is so cold I am sure it wishes it were still in bud form.  This rose survived the hail storm with bruised blooms at the beginning of summer and now it faces the very fresh air.

I did get all the hardy geraniums back outside on Saturday.  It was hard to walk around with all the pots of geraniums.  










These few remaining flowers are doing their best to finish off the season.  They have had a few flowers in bloom for almost two months now.









I found this "Autumn Fire" on sale for half price.  I bought it hoping that it will not collapse at the end of the summer and let its blooms lay on the ground.  I will still divide and move a lot of my other sedums once we have warm sunshine and the ground dries out a little.













I know that this is like a daily report on these vines.  What I do want to report is that the mosquitoes are living in the vines and they came swarming out at me within a ten second period. I do hope the town does spray for these irritating buzzards soon.  I just went back inside and didn't bother to look around. I was fighting the insects and the dead battery warning so I was not a happy camper.

It is good to have Sunday and we will be home for an afternoon of rest.  Our schedules at church has changed so we can actually get home 45 minutes earlier than what we did in the past.  That is great to have more free time on Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your flowers. The rose is very sweet. Great deal on the sedum. That is terrible about your mosquito problem.
Hope you both have enjoyed your free time this Sun. afternoon.

Patsy said...

My roses love this cool weather and blooming nice ones.
My morning glory's like it , they have many colors and the blooms last longer in the day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your rose is lovely, and I am certain you will like that Sedum:)

dellartist said...

I am glad that little pink rose survived our cold weather. Maybe it will warm up for a little while and we can pretend winter is not on the way.