Saturday, September 6, 2014

Weekend Start...........


I give this the title of "two zinnias." The photo reminds me of  a painter name John Singer Sargent, who painted portraits for people. He was commissioned to do a family group of the children of the one family.  In the family were twin girls.  Instead of painting the twin girls which looked alike, he painted the one clearly facing forward and he placed the other in slight shadow.  The one is standing sideways and anyone who knew the family knew the girls looked exactly alike. This way he only had to paint one good likeness which represented what the two girls each appeared like in life. Which was which we are never told.  Saved time for the artist and it was clever back in 1882. Click here to see the daughters painting. So in my photo you see two zinnias that really do look alike but only one is in full view.




Here is another shot of the morning glories in the corn field. Most farmers think the seed comes from us crazy gardeners who plant these flowers.  The birds spread the seed so I can take pictures of them.  I am sure that it is true as these flowers look like they just came out of the package.






Orange, blue and orange will be my theme for today.  The zinnias are doing well and I have more photos than I dare post.  It is a good day off from having to work yesterday. I should just sub only on Fridays so the weekend can give me a break and rest.  I had a good day but the amount of energy to work with  people that is needed is so overwhelming.  I am glad I am only going back part time.

We have a bright sunny cold day this morning.  I turned on the oven to warm the kitchen this morning but the house will naturally warm up soon.  We are off on a short adventure today getting both of us out of the house for awhile.  We will come back to a quiet afternoon to finish off our Saturday.  Thank you all for stopping in today. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Ela said...

The zinnias were the favorite flowers of my mother. Thank you for reminding me that they are so beautiful :)
Have a nice weekend :)

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting about the painter and the twins!
I love blues and oranges in the garden. These blooms are lovely. Glad you have the weekend to recover from work on Friday. It will be good for you both to get out and about today.
Have a good evening.