Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Morning Views............


It is a warm place to sit when it gets colder outside. The car had just returned from Des Moines and the engine was warm. This guy with a deep voice likes to hang around even though he belongs next door.  He tries to walk into the house as he know where the real warm places are in the world.


It has two eyes and a big white nose.  It came to our neighborhood on Saturday.  I saw a trailer with two outside sheds coming down the street and  I wondered what was going on with that.  The two sheds on that trailer looked like a large long load. We were shopping on Saturday and when we returned we found that our good view of the cornfield is now partially blocked.  It is a larger shed which you can't tell because it is at the back of the lot.  The other shed on the trailer must have gone somewhere else.  I would have been glad to take it off their hands.








Just for fun I will show you the "before" shot.  A couple of years ago an old 1949 Ponitac sat on a spot similar in alignment to the shed.  The car was sold and towed off one day when I was not around to see it go. I was liking the cleared view for a few years anyway.











We have lost most all of our color now outside. The burning bush is the last to loose its leaves.  It looks faded compared to it a few weeks ago. The little red berries will feed the birds in the winter if they don't get eaten before then.









I have two barberry bushes and this one is yellow in color as the other is reddish.  I went out too late in the evening to take photos so I have some blurry photos. I have a blurry eye condition right now so when I put up a blurry shot I have double trouble trying to see if the photo is actually a good one.  The camera really doesn't like the low light and begs for the flash to be turned on for assistance in the shot. I will try to get out today when the sun is shinning. 



The raspberries are now gone as well as any apples on the trees.  I picked up an apple yesterday and it was mushy.  The were so tender and big this year that the apple had split open a little as it fell to the ground.  The last two years it was so dry the apples were smaller.  We did get another apple cobbler made on Friday.  

No work today and that is good.  I did get an earlier, yesterday, warning that the science teacher was having a lot of pain and would be gone today.  He did write back late last night and said he was a lot better and he would work today.  I will stay home and work here instead.

 As I write this blog our neighbor's gray cat and their white cat are roaming the back yard.  Birds are checking things out at the feeder even before I put out new seed.  I bought some seed yesterday and then forgot to get the suet.  That is an old man thing as I have forgotten to get it too many times.  I had a woodpecker messing with a sunflower head this morning and could not figure out why.  My wife said maybe there were a lot of bugs in among the seeds trying to keep warm.  I had not thought of that but I did get a picture. 

Mondays are hard for me to start up on but I will get some inside things done first to get me moving.  I know we missed a big snow and I know we will get snow eventually.  It has been good to get all this moisture after the past two  years.  The lakes and rivers will be filled for sure if it keeps up the trend.  Thank you for stopping by my post today.  I wish you well.

4 comments:

Ruby said...

You have lovely morning views. Too bad about the shed. Have a great week!

Ela said...

I love the views from your beautiful garden ! I really like the picture of a small cat !
Greetings

Far Side of Fifty said...

So you got some snow, the last storm went south of us leaving just about an inch of snow or so. It is cold...and damp up here. I think winter has come. I am not thrilled.
I hope you got your siding project all done! :)

Anonymous said...

That cat is cute! Sorry to hear about eyes...are you ok.