Thursday, December 11, 2014

Random Shots of Different Kinds..........



My wife's teddy bear/stuffed animal tree goes up quickly.  The lights are never removed from the tree and my wife has to figure out where to nestle the creatures each year among the branches.  The tree sits in the art gallery this year.  We put it up last week some time and the bears get rearranged when gravity wins out. 





I picked off this shot of the little cottage ornament.  I have a set of these in different colors.  They are not antique but the manufacture people are duplicating the shape of what once was made as a glass blown ornament of the past.

















I enjoy the Italian snowman. He likes to hold his bread and wine.  His whole look is so different for a Christmas ornament.  He even has a berate that he is wearing with the appropriate facial hair. For a glass blown piece the worker or workers had to put in a lot of detail.  I guess I could see this on an assembly line.  The workers are probably not making much per hour to do this and have to do them with speed. 









Yesterday's major project was shipped out by the afternoon.  I had to take two boxes and create a new box that I could use to ship the pastel painting.  It was a commissioned work and it ended up being a big piece to ship.   The creativity that I have to use to get one box out of two is time consuming but it usually does work out.  I have been making and shipping boxes with art for years so it is old hat for me.  It is though sometimes a real challenge to get the cardboard to be a box of the right size.

I will finish off with my peperomia plant.  It has put out some great leaves.  I am assuming that they are light in color because they aren't getting pure greenhouse light anymore.  The green really is great to see as you can see how brown things are outside.

I am a business instructor this morning overseeing typing skills and accounting students.  A business course also is on the menu with students creating a business plan of a new business.  I also get to cover third hour middle school study hall.

In the afternoon I will be an English instructor.  It is the older classes in English so we will deal with reading higher scaled works.  It will end up being a long day but afterwards we will be going out to eat with one of my wife's friends in Des Moines.   Our weather is the same.  It's not too hot and not too cold.  It is promised by the weather guy that we won't see the sun until late next week.  Cloudy weather in December is normal.  Thank you for checking in on the post today.  I wish you all to have a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, I love your wife's stuffed animal tree. I imagine some might fall off from time to time!!! Wonderful to see her art too. Stunning work. Your green plant is a real beauty especially this time of year and I enjoyed the ornament photos too. Hope you enjoy the evening out.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I always enjoy your ornaments. I'm hoping to get photos of some of our decorations soon.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that teddy bear tree!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to see the Teddy Bear Tree! I think Peperomias just do their own thing, it looks great! :)