Friday, May 15, 2015

Busy but on Task......


Sometimes the camera gives me a good abstract.  I really don't know what I had done to get this shot but there is a squirrel in there somewhere. Life has been looking like this lately.  I stayed home yesterday and witness the days that Della can put in.  The phone never stopped ringing with everyone wanting a piece of us, to do a job, to solve a problem, to set up doctor's appointments with my wife's friend. We will be taking her to doctor's and hospital visit for most of the summer.  The last call that I got to hear was one that asked me to come in and be the high school physical education teacher for the afternoon. I changed clothes and shaved off my face.  I made it to school by 12 noon.





All iris blooms are in ruin right now as the rains just kept coming.  It was foggy and wet this morning again this morning.  I think it is suppose to clear soon.  This is one of my better shots of the small iris but the wind is still trying to mess with it.  I had to arrange the top petals before taking the shot. I can see I am not going to have a large amount of iris blooming this year but they will do better next year.














A college friend of mine from back in the 70's declared his plant that look like this was a wild cranberry bush.  I guess the names vary but the shrub does seem to be the same.  I will just call it a viburnum and not get into the name calling game.









One last fernleaf peony bloomed in its location. I think this is the fourth one that bloomed this year.  I do have another one planted next to my new fence area garden. It was just foliage this year.








A shot that I have shared early on my photo a day blog.  The red bellied does show up once a day to the feeder and this morning I did see a small downing woodpecker at the suet last evening.  The sparrows are hitting the feeders hard and once in a while a bluejay does come for a free sunflower seed.


On the inside I have a new development with one of my cactus.  The giver of the cactus says it is from South America, southern desert part, where it grows.  The little baby cactus line around the rim of the barrel shaped cactus. I never expected to see this and the cactus friend says this small ball came off of a big one, her parent plant,  like this. I don't think I will use my bare hands to pop off the new plants to get more cactus.  Gloves or metal tools are all I care to use with them.

I am in the special education room today, following a couple of students around as they go to their classes. We are in a warm building with no air conditioning.  The humidity is very high so I can see fans will be turned on to move the air around so it will feel better.  Thank you for checking in on me. 




5 comments:

Patsy said...

When you are kind and a witness of the Lord, you can count on people needing you.
Soon the wind and rain will be out of here, then summer will be hot and dry. At my house anyway. LOL
I am going to take your advise and stay a dreamer for now.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Della sounds busy! I hate it when the phone rings non stop. Your Cactus had babies!! It stopped raining here for a bit:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice abstract no matter how it happened😉 Larry. And, yes once you volunteer a few times for anything, the phone will always be ringing with more requests. And, thanks for another purple iris shot, my favorite color!

The Furry Gnome said...

That first shot really is neat, however you got it! But sorry if that's what life has been like!

Vicki Lane said...

Love that 'abstract' shot! And the flowers are gorgeous!