Sunday, May 10, 2015

Stormy Weather.....


As the bleeding heart matures it seemed to turn more pink in color than it originally was.  It took it many days to get it to send out its long strands of decorative flowers. It was worth the wait for me to finally see it bloom after a couple of springs with no flowers.


The woodland phlox have developed into fuller blooms now and the fragrance is great.  It brings back the memories of all of the blooms we had in our timbers down on the farm.  I remember bringing in this planting probably 30 years ago from the timber near the Des Moines River.


My second fernleaf peony is now all opened.  Today's rains will take most of the blooms so I am glad I got a photo of it.  I have smaller starts of this plant in three other different locations but they are not doing as well as this one.

When  you live in a small town some people mistreat other people. I am thinking a nearby city council member made sure the alley neighbor would get a citation for the overgrown alley.  Sadly the young man who got the citation went in and chopped at everything in the alley.  Because of that the white lilacs didn't bloom and may not for a couple of years.  This shrub was a beautiful flowering one of very fragrant lilac blooms.  It isn't the tradition kind of lilac.








I normally photograph it each spring.  I had forgotten about it until I had seen the same kind of shrub at a Pie Place.  I went to look for it and saw the above photo.  I also found one lone pathetic bloom.

While living in a small town I feel more disgust with the person who forced a citation against him.  I had been keeping things trimmed up when I trimmed my side. There was no violation as all of the branches were kept from being in the road.





It is promised to be a very stormy day.  I will get my wife to a restaurant for lunch and then get home as soon as possible. It is nice to get caught up on our rains.  I hope everyone has a great day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That white tulip is just stunning! Too bad about the alley chopper...it will live but not bloom again for a few years. We have snow in our forecast hoping for rain instead we are still dry:(

Anonymous said...

I am terribly sad to learn of the lilac being ruined. Small town politics make me furious....I am very sorry. I enjoyed your other photos. Have missed hearing from you. Hope you two have enjoyed this special day.

The Furry Gnome said...

We'll have to compare when our Fernleaf Peony blooms.