Friday, September 9, 2016

Gray Skies Abound.........



I worked really hard not to include my two dead trees in the garden.  Whenever I took shots I avoided them and yet I knew there were one or two shots in my archive that had parts of the trees in the photos.

I can now snap pictures like this and the dead trees are not in the photo. This is a blurry one from my phone camera but I did want to share what one good thing happened yesterday.

No trees are in sight. They came down in the afternoon with the help with a neighbor guy and his friend.  They cut the down just so as to not land on my house or garden shed.  Some of the bushes around them took direct hits but I think they will grow back in the places that got destroyed.




I now have a large stump in which I can place something.  It is too low for a bird feeder but I could make something decorative to put on top of it.  "Maybe I should get a large Roman sculpture," he said with sarcasm.

The smaller tree lays on the ground cut up in sections.  I told the guys that I would take care of it myself as the big one was so much work.  My wife and I raked up all the mess and burned it last night after they had taken away all the big chunks of tree to another burn pile on one of the guys property.  A big tree that had been dead for a while left a lot of broken sticks in our driveway. I probably will try to burn that small stump up as I do want to mow in that area.


I may make a sign to tell people that there is free firewood available.  People who camp or have home bonfires might help take this away.  I can have bonfires too if I have to after 6:00 in the evening.




It is good to have a Friday every once in a while. I am ready for another break from school. I do have a couple of projects to get done over the weekend and I hope it doesn't rain for very long.  Thank you for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice of the neighbors to get those dead trees down. I always worry about trees like that during bad weather. John worked with a guy who took his kids camping often and they loved to come pick up free wood from us. I wish you two a nice weekend. Take care.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well that was a big project, I bet you are glad it is over and no roofs were damaged! I hope you get some time to relax this weekend! :)