Monday, February 6, 2017

Just a Plate....


I don't know where I acquired this plate.  I bet it was at a garage sale sold for a nickel.  It has gold edging and a decal of a a farm scene as the decoration. The scene has a title of "Winter scene, feeding the chickens' printed on it.  It is a Currier and Ives painting. My wife reminded me that my father-in-law would pick up boxes of junk at auctions and give us the contents other than the one item he wanted from the box.

The whole decal is actually low in detail and when I look closely, the print was  made up of spots of color like ones seen in cheap m magazines.

I doubt there is much value to this little plate.  I know it's the history of the plat and art work that caused me to pick it up.  I may have to find some history buff to gift it to as it never ever is displayed nor used.



Made in the U.S.A. but I have never heard of this company name.  It must have been a dime store plate.  I wonder if they ever made anything but pretty little party plates.

Remodeling is not fun.  It seems that the harder you try to finish up the slower the processes work for me.  I struggled at two things today.  The one problem will be fixed by a new layer of drywall.  The other problem will be solved when I go to the Ace Hardware and buy a new saw blade.  Some day I will be so proud of the result but right now I am grumbly and moody and will maybe work again on it tomorrow.   Thanks for stopping by today.

Well, I went on the net and found the plate comes from a set  It is sold as a large plate for cake and the seven plates for serving cake.   The whole set is priced at $37.00.  Further research said that they were also bread and butter plates.  I really don't know if there are place settings of it as I din't see anything like that for sale. I am not going to rush our and buy a dessert set to match it though as we have way too many dishes already. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting info you discovered about the plate. We had several remodeling projects here last July. Even with outside help, it can be very frustrating and the results are not always what we hope for! Best wishes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty little plate. I save some old plates so if I take cookies someplace they can keep the plate:)