Thursday, February 22, 2018

Good morning


As I spread open the curtains in the morning, all three cockatiels head towards the window end of the cage. They see  many things and squawk if they feel any bit threatened by another bird outside or a squirrel. They really do know that I have come to open the drapes and the noise they make is one of excitement. .

More snow for us today and the freezing rain is predicted again. I walked out on the deck to refresh the feeders and the snow did give the ice coating some texture.  I still held onto the ice covered railing just in case that I needed to catch myself. My truck on one side is still covered with ice.  The side that saw sunshine did melt everything away. The sun did help to remove some ice even though it never got any warmer than 25 degree F.

The large pot of oxalis was outside all summer.  The seemed to have a swag most of the winter. I guess with the longer days the plant decided to put out new sprouts.  It is like a projecting haircut with the new stems are all tight and compact.





It will be nice to carry this back outside on the patio in late April. I will probably sprinkle some fresh soil on top of it to keep it fortified.



The wild birds seem to be the same ones every day.  I think it interesting as to how the weather keeps some birds away and others don’t seem to bother.   Junco birds come every day.

I have a project going, making a platform in the laundry room.  Our washer and dryer are stacked. The dryer is too high for my wife to see the numbers and timer light.  I made a five inch high platform that won’t be in the way for the washer and will be helpful for her to see the command buttons.  She didn’t tell me but she couldn’t reach the back of the dryer inside to pull the clothes out. I am not done with the platform as I still have to cover it with carpet on all sides. I am so glad I could do that for here.  It is one of those things where I wasn’t paying attention to problems with the tall drier. It is better that I did it but sure have done it a lot sooner.

I hope all are well and that you have a good rest of the day.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

How nice of you to build a step for Della! Your burd is looking good, they are such fun creatures:)