Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tooseday.....


Morning’s glow was a great sight to see. The winds from the south started to blow in flurry cloud formations.


They made great patterns in the sky showing all the wind currents that were blowing them around. While out there I did have a surprise.

I could hear them and when I saw them way high in the sky, I shot some blind shots. This is not in focus but it does show what the looked like.  I think they are snow geese, which don’t hang around here all winter. There were many “v" formations connected to each other as they flew up in the breezes.  These are true migrant birds as they were not just flitting around trying to find gain feels or water.

This was a flock of them that were later and I guess they will catch up eventually.

Some people still have snow piles along the road as they piled it instead of scattering along their drive. I have not piles left but there is still ice and snow in the backyard where it has been shaded.



The back of the house has a lot of shade so ice still exists on the steps. I have grassed areas next to the patio that still are soggy and frozen at the same time.



The good news that I have is that we have robins. I took Barney out in the morning and I almost missed them.  The trees have some fruit on them from last fall and they were eating on them. I sneeze on on fruit and it still was juicy even though it was shriveled.

The other good news for me is the look of these cemetery iris. They are in frozen soil and are still growing. In a few weeks I will be able to see how all of the transferred plants will have fared.

It was nice to get outside and see the gardens.  I didn’t even wear a stocking cap as it wasn’t cold enough for it.  I thank you for stopping in today.  Spring really does encourage me and help be feel that I am going to survive this winter.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah! You have a bit of spring...so there is hope for me someday:)