Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday’s Here.....


The flowering tree from across the street at Woodward. It is in its prime blooming stage and they are abundant with flowers.

My river birch at the old place is doing well. It shows the scant stage of leaves with them giving it a green haze. There are a lot of clump birches growing in the new place but I have not seen any river birches. The jury is still out for what kind of tree that I will put out in my new back yard. I am not going to live long enough to see some kinds of trees to mature so I may get a faster growing tree.
















The color of the leaves still have a yellow cast to it before its mature leaves become a darker green. This looks like a perfect tree for birds nest but I have never seen them use it for that after all these years.

We are headed south today to help out my wife’s friend with a framing job.  Actually we aren’t going to frame for her but I made a stretcher frame to use for a stitchery project of hers.  It is a good sized piece that is made up of buttons sewn to cloth to make a landscape scene. Shari had started it when she was diagnosed with cancer and has now finished the work two and a half years later. She made the item with the faith that somehow it could be displayed. It will take me and my wife the energy to get it stretched and attached to the frame.

I did get my tomatoes into the ground yesterday but I don’t have photos. We are getting a gentle rain this morning which will be helpful in getting them started in the ground. I don’t remember the number of plants that I put in but it was around a dozen.

I mowed for the second day in a row at my new place’s yard.  The grass is doing so well that it is needing to be mowed more often than a normal year. I am going to start calling the old place, ‘the farm” and where we live “the city” place. I mowed for two hours at the farm on Wednesday getting every area done.  The city yard is smaller but my energy level was such that I didn’t get done with it yesterday.  I have about 20 minutes of mowing left to do. The rain makes a good excuse for me not to finish it today.


Everyone have a great day today.  The weekend is coming and that is good. Take care you all.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

The trees are just lovely, Happy Spring!