Thursday, May 3, 2018

Things for Today.......


The rains come and go.  Our evenings seem to be the tie that all the lighting and thunder take place. The storm fronts seem to come in at a diagonal and pass over quickly.  We were fortunate to not have any tornadoes form even though the conditions were right. We are cloudy again this morning with the chance of storms in the afternoon.  The grass has grown in height to make the first mowing to be a very difficult one.

Bradford pear tress are wonderful. On our street a lot of people cut them down. Our property was spared because the guy who lived here for 13 years was a gardener and appreciated them.  Other streets in the development have these trees lining the streets completely but ours is not like that. The rain and wind did not seem to bother the blooms at this time.  I do know that they will fall quickly once the tree things it is time to move on to the next stage.



I do think I am close to being focused with this shot.  I take five shots and only one resembles a focused shot. The white flowers are hard for the camera to capture.


This is a mature bleeding heart plant as it is a large plant that comes up quickly and grows to be a big plant. I didn’t move the one at the old place as I thought it should stay for the next people living there.  No, I have not sold the place yet.


The package says it is a double leafed tulip. My package shows it to be a pink flower but this is not pink. I don’t think they have opened up enough to look good. I had numerous bulbs and they are blooming later than most of the tulips.



It is a day of working around the weather. I have my plants in the basement all moved outside now with the rains watering them now.  Three different hardy geraniums and the agapanthus have been freed from the basement. I really don’t have plans for today but I will figure things out as I go along.  Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your pear tree has beautiful blooms:)

Anonymous said...

Your tulips are so pretty. I don't have any here at our home.
Karen's apt. complex has a row of Bradford pears and she enjoys them so much each spring. I hope you won't have any damaging weather.

Patsy said...

We had two days of warm sunshine, now the rain is moving in.
Love seeing your bunny all we have is a Squirrel that comes by early mornings most days for a pecan or two.