Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday Stuff.......


My creeping phlox is doing well.  I have two plantings of it and it looks great.  The rains may make it look better.  The grape hyacinth has sure bloomed for a long time.


The rembrandt tulips are looking good.  They are not a big tulip like a hybrid but they put out great color.
The tulips are planted in the peony bed.  They don’t seem to be to striking but it is fun to see them out there. Buttercups and one other ground cover is also in this bed.  I have grass to dig out of the area too.  The flowers in the front flower bed are all returning.  I have sedums, globe allium, aster and coneflowers coming up.


I did find the variety name for these tulips.  I bought them a Menards but I see you can find peony tulips on the internet. There are other specially varieties on the internet when you look them up.  I remember parrot tulips when I was a kid on the farm and I do want to get some of them as a special thing in the garden.



Happiness is having a cedar deck.  The guy installed it all yesterday including the risers for the steps. It will be a nice smaller deck for grilling and a couple of lounge chairs. The notch you see is where the steps go down. I am assuming he needed to get the deck and stairs done so they can carry the roof materials up to this level for the sunroom roof.

 We have been out walking around on these two floors.  It is a little scary to go to the edge so we are careful. Our carpenter guy will be back on Monday to finish the stairs and then who know what is next.  He has installed a hundred or more of these things so he knows the procedure and process.


We are going to have fun deciding the uses of our new covered shelter under the sunroom. It is a twelve by sixteen foot space that will be out of the rain and snow.  I know I can set up potting bench and I will put my potter’s wheel under there. I think everything needs to be finish and our carpenter guy needs to go away and then we can decide things.


Spring is a great season in Iowa and the blooms never last long enough.  The grass is going to be growing lush and thick for a while. We are off to the bookstore this morning and we will have sunshine for most of the day. Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your flower beds are so pretty. You mention flowers that we once had but have lost during moves - sedum and coneflowers. I need to pick up some. I love your new addition and you have great plans for the large area underneath. I hope you both enjoy the bookstore and some warmer weather today.

The Furry Gnome said...

Big things happening! Looks good.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It is so lovely to see all the flowers blooming in your garden Larry, so much color to enjoy.
Your porch will be enjoyed for years to come, it's the best thing we ever did !
Happy weekend.
~Jo

Lisa said...

They are really getting that work done quickly. That must be a relief to you!
Lovely creeping phlox. I can't keep phlox alive.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love your spring flowers! Your sunroom will be awesome, I went to the website and looked around! Nice designs! You will really like it! :)