Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sunday....


 The heat seems to give us interesting morning cloud formations.  The clouds do all clear and the sun starts doing its job.

 


 

 


 

I haven't grown dusty miller for years.  I just happen to see it at the nursery and picked one up for the front step's flower pot.

 


 The story is too long to tell you about why I have all these wagon wheels from my wife's father's farm. I like them and hope that agatiized petrified piece of wood rock doesn't ever get moved. The rock came from Wyoming, another long story.  I could see someone making a movie of that heavy wagon wheel rolling down the steps, bouncing and crashing into the neighbor's fence below. I probably should go ahead now a roll it carefully down the steps and find a new place for it to be. The old steps seem too unsteady for me to take it down and I didn't want to carry it.   It is very heavy.

 


 The last bloom of this day lily is not gone.  It was a good season for it even though the drought did make it seem more subdued and less vigorous.

We are having a quiet Sunday with no plans.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

No plans here either!
We have some wagon wheels like that also...I have no idea where they came from.

We are just getting prepped for the hot week ahead.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your steps look great. I have a very similar wagon wheel leaning up against a tree! Stay cool and out of the bad smoke if it gets there!