Friday, July 31, 2026

Friday Finds


 The day lilies are sturdy. The rains don't cause much change to them other than they get coated for just a while. I was concerned that the shot wouldn't be any good as it looked waterlogged when I saw the bloom. 


 The rain did take down some more phlox. I suppose I will have to get out some more stakes and my jute twine. It was a gentle rain that lasted off and on all night. The rain weighs down the flower heads which  I noticed when I tried to right them this morning. 

 

 I am so glad to see the honey bees on the sunflower. I see them around this season and they do like the phlox blooms. I grow the zinnias for many reasons but the benefit of attracting bees and butterflies is a good reason. 

There is a bumblebee on this one at the lower bottom of the flower. They are not the largest size of sunflower but they are keeping the bees and hummingbirds busy.


 I really don't plan when I have flowers in the backyard. I do like what is happening there but it is funny how things just take over and grow. The rains make my mowed yard look better today. I worked outside this morning finding new large weeds that had to be pulled. I will return tomorrow with the weed trimmer and tear into it some more.  I watch a blogger guy from southeastern Iowa who has acres of gardens around two homes. He made me feel better about my gardens as he sighed and said he weeds day and night without any break. His gardens look great because of it but mine will never look as good as his. 

Thanks for stopping in today.  

 

No comments: