Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thursday


 It is nice to see bees of all kinds out there in the garden. Bumble bees are numerous this year as we  have had good rains to help the population. 


 The glads survived the bunnies this year because I planted them behind a fenced in area. I bought these a couple of years ago but last year they were all eaten off as fresh greens.

 

I like how they are a sculptural form with the blooms coming out from the bottom and progressing to the top. With success of blooms I may have to buy a different set of colors next spring. I do have to dig them each fall but it isn't difficult.


 I haven't had a lot of success with cannas but I am getting a bloom from this one. I like the leaf color. My brother who lives in California has beautiful large ones that he grows in pots. Of course his weather is perfect for it. I have four or five of them in the front garden that haven bloomed yet. 

At seven o'clock sharp this morning we heard popping sounds outside. Directly behind us the crew started tearing off the shingles of the house. They started early to beat the heat but they are still finishing up fastening shingles at five o'clock this evening. They worked through 84 degree temps all afternoon. They are in the cleaning up stage now and the popping sound of compression nail gun has stopped. It is interesting to watch the most modern way for the underlayment done on the roof. They don't use tar paper over the entire roof anymore. They do two strips of black paper at the bottom of the roof  and then the rest is a glued down plastic waterproofing. I like the color they shose for the new color and it isn't just plain gray. It has a green shade in it. 


 The yellow rose fades to white. It is still pretty and these seem to be weathering well.


 The starting color is wonderful thought. I mowed the front yard today and then rested for the rest of the day. Resting is a good thing.Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Resting is a good thing! Stay cool!