Monday, July 27, 2026

Sultry


 It is a hot morning while looking down at the tomato/sunflower patch. It is heavy humidity from the night heat and we didn't cool down.  I believe we started out at 79 degrees F. Some of the plants don't seem phased about the heat as they love the high humidity.


 I carried a watering can up the hill to give the circle garden a little bit of moisture. It pays off even thought it was not that much water.


 I planted my mail order Japanese maple into the center of the circle. The grand plan is that years down the road there will be a bonsai-shaped maple in the center of the raised circle bed.  I am glad I went ahead and bought a six foot tree of the same kind and put it in the back yard.  I have cannas growing in there right now and they look like they might bloom. More water will help them for sure. 


 The lens has a small amount of moisture on it from it being in a cold house and being taken into the sauna-like weather. I carry water for the large lily to keep it lasting as long as I can. The smaller yellow day lily didn't bloom this year because of the installation of the fence. I think the workmen tromped it down and it didn't like the treatment. I will move it when the weather becomes better. 


 The hibiscus is struggling under the heat. I keep it watered but the hot sun and heat just takes away its freshness. It does have lots of buds on it so maybe  have better times. I went to get the mail and bring in the garbage in the afternoon. When I opened the garage door to go and bring in the bin, the outdoor heat just swooshed inside like it was a vacuum. Tomorrow it will be a little bit cooler by four or five degrees. The farmers in Iowa are probably saying that this will really make the corn grow. Thanks for stopping by today. 

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I've had some plants thrive in this weather and some not do very well.
Yours look great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay cool the heat is awful.