Sunday, November 22, 2009

Took some time off......


I have been gone for a while, but now I am back. I got into some really bad dust, and it shut my breathing down for awhile. I also have been messing with a badly fitted and designed crown on one of my teeth. My entire set of teeth have had to shift to adjust for this crown. I am now better and slept through the night last night for the first time in four days.
As you can see, I am still in a rut with the dining room. I am ready to do the final touch-ups on the mud of the nail holes and seams. It is close enough done that I will be putting a primer on it soon to see if there are any flaws that show up.
We bought paint today, sealer for the oak wood floor, and the new ceiling squares.
I take Sundays off so it will be good to have one more day of healing.



My poor fish is having a nervous breakdown.  Instead of moving him, I took out half of the water so I could slide it away from one of my walls that I am working on and he seems a lot nervous about it all. He looks like he doesn't like the green towel but it is for his own good.
I am not a contractor but I can understand what they have to think about when them bring in the trades.  I have decided that I have to tear out the old ceiling tile and sand the floor before I paint. The dust and dirt would not be good or a freshly painted wall.  Also I am going to put the wood trim on after I paint the walls so I won't have to paint around them.  I will have to protect my fresh sealed wood floors when I paint, but that will be easier than the other way around.  I hope I can get this done soon, as it has been slow work with the asthma thing.  I should be better and work longer hours and see the end soon.   Thanksgiving day is coming, and we are eating out.  That works well for us. Hey, thanks for reading this stuff........

6 comments:

Valerie said...

It must be awful trying to work when you feel so uncomfortable. I feel sorry for the fish too. Have a great Sunday.

Alan Burnett said...

Glad you are feeling better. And if we are not in contact before - have a great Thanksgiving Day.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Hang in there, these teeth take time, finding their comfort zone.
Mine is doing much better than the temporary, but your bite has to adjust.
The window is looking great, do try and stay out of that dust, or at least wear a mask.

Kris said...

You've got a lot done, Larry, in spite of the asthma. Glad to hear you are breathing better. I know I always have to wear a good dust mask when I do projects anymore. The window is looking good.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving day. :-D

Linda said...

A good night's sleep must be such a relief. You've certainly been very busy - go easy on yourself.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is looking good! Sorry to heat about your asthma..but that sheetrock dust is really bad..wear a mask. I feel for you with the tooth..I made my appointment OK..but am still have pain..hope it goes away. Root Canals suck:)