Thursday, November 19, 2009

iPhoto.....


I discovered something a couple weeks ago that I will share with those who use iPhoto on their computer.
First, the problem was that I have over 4000 photos on my iPhoto and while I would search with the screen set so I could see five in a row, like above,  I was not able to find the photos I wanted.  I guess because there are so many in the library, as I would scroll, it would jump many rows at a time.  I have things in the library downloaded in sequence of what goes on in my life, and I couldn't for example fine the state fair pictures.  I could see them blur by but I could stop on them.
Solution, that I found was to shrink the size of the photos so I could see them, eleven photos at a time in a row.  They are really small, but I can see all of the photos on the screen.  They don't jump ahead five rows at a time.
My wife reminds me that I could put them in folders and I wouldn't have had the problem in the first place.  I guess I need to do that to speed things up. 
I made big progress today with the window framing on the inside and I did some dry wall work in difficult areas above and below the window.
Tomorrow things should go faster as the work to get the window frame just right took a lot of definite measuring and cutting and building up where plaster had fallen off.  I will show pictures tomorrow.
Thanks for all your kind words to an old man carpenter.  Moving forward is gratifying rather than moving backwards.   Thanks for reading......

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Your wife has the answer. I couldn't exist without folders. I don't have IPhoto, or IAnything, on my computer so I'd be in a real mess. Good luck with the work.

The Retired One said...

I have been pulling off some of my photos now and putting them on CD's which I label because my computer memory is being used up and it is getting very slow. I hate having to do this, but when my computer sent me a warning last week about memory space being limited, I got scared.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Folders will help you out, I usually name my folder by Months then folder inside the month by date and subject..and I still hunt..mainly cause I can't remember what month I took the photo..but it does help. I don't have I photo..I think I have some stuff on Flickr..from my blog..:)

L. D. said...

Yes there are a lot of different kinds that seem to do similar work for photos. I save all my photos by the month in document folders but you are right, I have to remember what month. I do now have a Maine folder, wedding folders, and some other specialized ones, but you are right, you still have to find them amongst it all. We need blog, photo secretaries, to take care of us. hah.

The Retired One said...

Make sure you put them on an external hard drive...my computer crashed last week and I am praying I get my photos back...it is in the shop. I had put some on CD's and had just purchased an external hard drive, but didn't know how to get into it to retrieve my photos...the guy at the shop said he should be able to get my computer cleared out of all the photos and put them on the external hard drive where I can organize them into folders..hope he is right!!