Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's go shopping.....

I have drywall to buy, an oak floor to sand, and new ceiling to install and I get a new crown tomorrow. No I am not going to become king, but I have to get a new crown put on a previously cracked tooth. I am actually looking forward to going to get the drywall and pick out the new ceiling material.
The photos of  a good time shopping was this summer at Bar Harbor, Maine.  I will share those today even though I will probably be at Loews and Menards.





A lot of the shops in Bar Harbor are old buildings, but this area was a great set of new shops designed to fit the area. There is a patio area back inside of this two story tower.






I felt a little concerned that I would get yelled at  for taking pictures in shops so I didn't take many.  This store was full of nautical themed items. The model boat was a neat one.





The cars are distracting, but not all of the streets allowed parking. You can see that these are original buildings that have been built back at the beginning of the town.





These were kind of crudely built but they had a lot of them for sale. I may try to make some of them out of a dimensional wood as I do like the design.
Well in the real world, I will be back at it being a  carpenter.  I have a lot of the dirtiest work out of the way and the rest will be making things look a whole lot better.   Thanks for reading.......

4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I have those same Maine birdhouses and even the artist's name ! They are made out of Birch trees, and I just love them.
Those shops look so enticing, and have lots of character...
I too am having a crown tomorrow, how spooky is that ? Don't refuse the laughing gas ;0
Lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a lot to do! I have been thinkng of how we Americans always long for a person of royalty. Perhaps we neevr got over leaving England :). I had to lauh when you said you wil not be a king, but you will have crown! A crown for teeth is not exacty the "royal treatment"!

Linda said...

Taking photos in shops is difficult. I'm always afraid I'm going to be accused of industrial espionage. Glad you persevered and got these interesting shots.

Hope your crown went okay. It's certainly preferable to root canal!

The Retired One said...

Those little shops would be calling to me if I were there...they have so much character.
Our little town has some craft shops that are pretty cool too.