Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pop Art Creations......


As an art teacher, I was attracted to the graphic design part of computers. I taught computer graphics back when the color classic Mac computer was new. I used two different programs and the last one was called Enhance. It was the baby program to Photoshop so it was easy for me to move in on to the Photoshop program CS2.
I am having a tough day today so I thought I would just play with the one photo of an orchid and turn it into a Pop Art art work. It went well enough that I made two of them.
I received an email from my first cousin today. Karen was an only child so she grew up with us four boys as a close cousin. She lived on a neighboring farm a couple miles away from our farm. She and her husband just lost their 38 year old son Alex. He collapsed and died while at work. They all lived in Arizona, so I can't be there to just be there. Her one other daughter is married and lives here in Iowa.
I have had enough experiences with loss of people in my life, but it is never easy. I feel helpless as I am not there to just sit and listen to my cousin's hurt. I worry for her and her husband. I am hoping I can somehow be her sounding board over the net. The net seems cold for such a thing but I think if it is kept one on one that it can happen.
My creative endeavor is different for me, but creating seems like the thing for me to do today. Thanks for reading.....

4 comments:

The Retired One said...

I am so sorry Larry.
As a parent, it is NEVER natural to lose a child, regardless of age. And he was a young, young man.

I hope your heart can heal from this with the support of your family and friends. You are in my thoughts.

Ezhilan said...

I am sorry for the loss. Only time can heal the pain. My condolence for you and your family.

Valerie said...

I have never lost a child but I can imagine the pain. I hope your cousin will reach out to you but at least she and her husband can lean on each other.
The orchid colours are lovely, Larry, and somehow very appropriate.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Thirty eight years old..that is young..so sad..and I am sorry for your loss. I have children almost that old..our oldest is thirty seven. It must be just devastating..but then we never know from one day to the next who will be here and who will be gone:(