Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Red hot color......


My favorite mug and our new purchase.  I use to buy amaryllis for people to enjoy and we never really bought any for ourselves. On one of our many visits to the building centers, I grabbed one off the shelf for my wife, and I will enjoy it too.  She probably could get a good painting from the plant once it starts blooming.  
I got into a bit more work than I expected yesterday while tearing down the square tiled ceiling.  I will share later, but let me just say, I got into a very good mess while taking down the squares.  It is all clean now but I sure pushed my limit on patience.  I will be sanding the floor of the dining room today and hopefully that will be the end of the dusty work.  Everyone have a great Thanksgiving Day.  I hope you have plans that are fun.   Thanks for reading.....

2 comments:

Valerie said...

My neighbour buys me an Amaryllis every Christmas. At first I had pink ones but the last few have been white. The only place I can put such a tall plant is on the kitchen windowsill - so then I have to remove the white cafe nets to accommodate it. Not only does the flower physically clash with the nets but the colour gets lost. I love the plant, unfortuately it doesn't suit the house.

Linda said...

That's a lovely colour combination. I love amaryllis - you've reminded me to buy one for this Christmas.