Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Out with the old, bring on the new.....


This is the old window. It was a long day. I had to take an hour break so my body could regroup. With the hour break, I was able to be done by 6:30 in the evening. To define done, means that the window is in, the hole is closed up and the furnace is happy about that. I have all the interior and exterior work yet to do. Done means mother nature is shut out.


This is the new window laying on the floor of my dining room waiting for me to give it some attention. It went in around 5:30 in the afternoon. There was a lot of prep work to do. The new window looks great. We changed our mind at a critical point of the work and decided to put the window in at a vertical instead of a horizontal. Since it was a fixed window, I could of played spin the bottle with it as there is not designated top. It was a great decision and I will share tomorrow about that. I have step by step pictures, dirt, old house and all. I am really pleased with the work. Tomorrow I will put on the trim boards, and now the dining room needs a new remodel. Tell you about that later too. Thanks for reading.......I am resting........

5 comments:

OiseauBird said...

Bring a new window and fix your own house is a good job ! Already backyard gate has a new blue paint door, it is lovely

Kris said...

Can't wait to see how the window looks installed. How lucky you are to have the option regarding orientation!

The Retired One said...

It will be so much brighter in your rooms, I am sure! When we built our log home, we wanted to make sure we had LOTS of windows facing south because I get SADD syndrome in the winter without a lot of light in the house.
We haven't regretted it!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

It's looking good !
A hard day's work and now you can reap the rewards all year round.
Do you hire out ?
;)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I really like the new window. I'd love to replace a lot of ours with that same style. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the finished job.