Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day......





A time to reflect, Thanksgiving Day, our whole nation gets a four day weekend, and we eat a lot of food.
I think that we need a time to reflect and to give thanks.  It is a time for us to stop in our tracks and be with friends and family.



It has been a tough seven years for my wife and me.  We took care of Della's dad in our home.  I am thankful for her strength and our joint commitment to do the right thing taking care of her father. We are pretty much in a relationship of concrete to have done that.  It was a new beginning for us to fly to Maine, to be out of our home, and to see life is still going on out there.  I am grateful for her, as she keeps me balanced, slows me down, and to smell the roses.  I should buy her some roses, shouldn't I. We been married 25 years now and it just seems like yesterday.  I am so grateful for her being by my side.


This is a photo of our boys and their wives this summer in Maine, posing for a wedding photo of our youngest son.  I am thankful for their lives and what they have become.  We don't see our guys as often now as they have moved on and grown up.  i appreciate them and their wonderful wives.  It has taken only two years to add two girls to out family.  We are a family of six now. It hasn't quite sunk in yet but we have a lot to look forward to in the coming years.
I am grateful for many things, but I am pleased to have friends all over the world.  It is a pleasure to be able to share life with all of you. To those who are celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you have a happy day and to those who don't celebrate this day, I hope you have a special day anyway.  Thanks for reading...


7 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Lovely post Larry. A happy thanksgiving day to you and your family.

OiseauBird said...

Beautiful shot, rocks, ocean and trees, nice.
Happy thanksgiving for you and your family.
Very nice picture of your sons and their wives.
Happy Day

Valerie said...

We don't have a Thanksgiving Day in the UK but we still have a lot to be thankful for. I wish you and your family a very happy day.

Ezhilan said...

Wish you and your family for the best Thanksgiving Day. The photos of the sea have a great view point and looks beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Larry! Not everyone can take care of the elderly in their home..hats off to those who can..it does take a strong couple to do so. I bet you are looking forward to being a grandparent..it is way better than being a parent!! :)

Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you have a lovely time. And congratulations on your nearly 25 years. We're at the same stage too. It's hard to believe that nearly a quarter of a century has gone by!

Erin said...

Glad you have two girls in your family now - you needed them! You'll make great grandparents whenever that time comes. Hope 2010 is much easier.