Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sat. Abrev. Post........


One swallowtail was enjoying all of the blooms in the zinnia patch. I took a lot of photos of the butterfly.  I have seen a monarch at the front garden but I didn't have a camera with me at the time.  I am wondering what other kinds I will get on the three rows of blooms.


It was a bright sunny day that helped to get good shots of the flowers and butterfly. It was warm out there but not extremely hot like we had the past week.

The past few days , I and my neighbors mowed down some of our shaggy  grass.  The most of the yards are not green and are not tall enough to mow, but some of it still grew up enough to make it look weedy. It actually seems cooler than it really is with a breeze.

I do think I will water the flowers again this morning as a safety measure. I lost a row of petunias during the hot spell even with regular watering.  I have one tomato that is starting to turn red so I don't want to have them go bad on us.


It is Saturday and we are heading for the bookstore.  I have lots of chores to get done before we go but it will be nice to get a break.  I did work at the house yesterday, clearing more things out of the garden shed.  I was throwing things away that I had from my dad's garage. My late brother's things also hit the dust bin too. I have horse shoes that are rusted beyond recognition that I think will go away.  I don't think they are salvageable unless someone can tell me how to clean them. I hope to drink coffee and have a scone today while being lazy.  Thank you for stopping in today.


2 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful Swallowtail photo! Your garden looks beautiful also. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have seen some horseshoe garden art that was way cool! :)