Thursday, July 20, 2017
Tuesday evening I had seen some insect damage on my zinnias. We went to Menards for many things but I asked for the best spray for Japanese Beatles. I returned home from the store and found myself unloading a lot of the spray on these larger marigolds. They were not there the night before but they sure were the next morning.
The moon is almost gone. I could see this morning that the sliver of a moon and the sun were very close together.
The pot of oxalis are finally adjusted to the new place. The were inside all winter and taking them outside this spring did give them a shock. The move was easy but I haven't been taking good care of them. Now they are downstairs on the patio and I hit them with the garden hose once in a while and they seem very happy. I have had to water things every day now. I missed watering the front planter of petunias by a half day and they sure did take a hit from the heat. I won't skip anything every again.
The front planter is doing well and these little filler petunias are taking off. Once everything is planted I could see my wife's garden needed to have a few extra plants to fill spaces.
I bought a rose this morning as it needed to be rescued from the nursery. It is sitting in the kitchen sink right now soaking in water and some air conditioning. I don't have an idea as to where it should be planted but I will dig a hole somewhere. Its shape is really bad but the rose itself is a multi petaled one, which I have never owned before. I know that once I can get it happy in the ground that I can trim it into a better shape. The tag says it can turn into a three foot tall and high rosebush.
My radio in the truck is giving my problems. I look up things on the internet and found that at the time the 2008 Tundra trucks were sold that an unusual number of the radio volume knobs went bad. A malfunctioning knob when it was brand new. I won't have any warrant on this so I will be buying a new radio for the truck some these days. The radio did start working this morning but sometime during the trip it had to kick out. Later it was back on again.
I am trying to fix my birds eye maple furniture peace and the Gorilla glue is not working. I have had to reclaim it now and put a nail into it to help keep the gap closed. I counter sunk the nail and will fill the hole over the nail. If this doesn't work I am not sure what will work. I will have pictures when it has been repaired.
I wish you all to have a good rest of the day. I hope you are able to stay in a cool spot and not be outside. Thanks for stopping by today.