Thursday, January 14, 2010

Off the wall......

Winter is taking it's toll on old L.D. ........


This was posted on a house next to a light house in Maine.  I guess I am insulted but maybe it is just suppose to be cute.




Did you know that they grow ostriches in Iowa?  These are some chicks that were on display at the State Fair.  I wonder if ostrich meat tastes like chicken?




All you meat eaters, enjoy the view.  I miss going outside and grilling on the patio.




This little burro kept walking around behind this zoo worker and butting her in the behind.  I don't know if it were trained to do that or if it was the burro's way of saying feed me.  The girl got understandable disgusted after while.




On a final note, this is a moss garden that I found while hiking up the hills in Acadia National Park in Maine.  It should make you think I am coming back from my "off the wall" behavior.  It is green and calming.  I was so off the wall that I almost forgot to blog yesterday,  but I am back on schedule.  

I bought this wonderful external drive that was going to be so nice to have, and my old laptop doesn't have enough power to make the drive work.  The usb connection sends out some power but not enough. I really am disappointed as it was going to be so nice to have a 500GB storage for pictures.  I have so many photos on my IPhoto that it makes it so slow and I can't shut it down after I work on it. 
Anyway, thanks for your visit.  I really know things will smooth out and I will see you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Valerie said...

This is a terrific selection of interesting photographs, Larry. I know a lot of people try to remove moss from lawns but I like it. It's lovely to walk on, it doesn't need cutting, and it's fairy like at night. Hope you can somehow get your external hard drive to work, mine is a Godsend.

Unknown said...

Great photos! The ones you sometimes post from Acadia National Park always remind me of home. I can empathize with you being in that snow....it used to make me absolutely stir-crazy spending winters in New England. Hang in there! It will end soon.....

Sunny said...

I love your selection of pictures. The chicks are so cute and the burro made me laugh. The steak made me hungry...yum!
Enjoy your day.
Sunny :)

Alan Burnett said...

I love the moss garden photo. There is something so calming and tactile about moss. Good luck with your hard drive.

The Retired One said...

I am glad you got an external drive after having the trauma I had with almost losing all of my photos....but too bad it doesn't work...it may be that your computer is dying because it should have enough power to load into the external drive...go and get your computer looked at asap!!!! They can clear things out for you that you don't even know is in there clogging it up. And if you have a Norton antivirus program, it is awful and has been causing tons of problems for people....my computer guy has been fixing tons of laptops and computers because of Norton.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Loved your Photos..sorry that winter is getting you down. Maybe you should just spring for a new laptop..just an idea! You and your photos are worth it. I agree with the Retired One..Norton Sucks big time. I run only a free anti virus guard and then run what we call a Crap Cleaner a couple of times a week..it makes a difference. I do hope you get it worked out..so you are not so disappointed!! The steak looks great..we like to grill outside too..and that Burro..I would like to have him:)

L. D. said...

A new laptop would be the true answer. I am going to look for a external that plugs into the wall as well as usb connection. The one I am returning says they have an electric cord I could buy, but my model has no electric connection. I will go back to best buy tomorrow. My wife has a new mini mac and the HD worked in an instant on hers. An 8GB would work too but I don't want to go that direction.

Hilary said...

Beautiful photos, Larry. I love Acadian National Park in Maine. I spent some time camping there about 8 years ago. Loved it.

I'm assuming by the mention of iPhoto you're using a Mac for this external drive. I'm wondering if you've only tried plugging into the keyboard's USB port which are considerably weaker than those on the HD. I assume you'd know that but just in case..

L. D. said...

Thanks Hilary, I wish it was just a computer.
No this is a laptop and there no extra keyboard. It has two possibilities, the company says that the older laptop may not put out enough energy to power it, the other thing is that the computer is passworded, an old school computer, and the admin. password is not known, I think the program is saying it can't log on with a closed system. I have one other problem is that my OS 10 is a 4.8 and I think it needs to be a leopard or tiger program, not a panther. I am going back tomorrow to see if there is an external that can be plugged into the wall, and if it will load up without the admin password. The memory flashes work just fine on here and I may have to buy large GB ones.