Friday, December 16, 2011

Finally it's Friday.......






This poster went out last night to a happy customer.  The actual poster is great but they printed it with nothing square with the world.  I am not sure why the top is narrower than the bottom.  I think it is suppose to be a reproduction of something old and it's original was not copied straight.  The bottom of it is not straight across but meanders wider between the lettering and the edging on the right side.

I think it is suppose to look like a piece of cloth with Indian beading around the edges of it. The cloth isn't perfect but just laid out informally with the top being narrower than the bottom just like a blanket would be unless one stretched it out and pinned it perfectly.

It caused me great grief because I was thinking my mat cutting was wrong when in reality it was the poster.  I finally asked the owner for permission to just mat it with a straight mat that is even all the way around with the frame and have the picture be just a floating object inside it's box. 

I worked late last night cutting frames and am on a schedule to get more glass and frame all day Saturday.  Maybe by Tuesday I will be free from all of it.

I am a techie today.  Thanks for stopping by my post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday, Larry. The poster turned out great; sorry it was so frustrating.

I enjoy seeing more of your Christmas ornaments.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

The Musical Gardener said...

So let me guess, you were asked to make a silk purse from a sow's ear and they wanted it yesterday.

Kindergarten -- all day, I'm about bushed and it is only 1:30.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a way cool poster..I noticed it came from the Gene Autry Museum..I would like to go there someday! Your frame job looks good to me! :):)