Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday's Posting


The other box is now hung except for four or five stragglers.  I don't have hangers in which to hang them but that will be remedied this evening.  I have been putting these up a few at a time through the last two days.  I was glad I separated out the smaller ones to put on another tree.

I have an outside tree that I intend to place lights and beside that my two lighted reindeer. My buck has burned out lights on it and I am going to just string an new set onto it to brighten him up again.


My wife and I use to go to Kansas City every summer and check out their year round Christmas store at the Crown Center mall.  We would buy just one special ornament each summer.  This little girl was one of them that we have on the big tree.  It is ceramic with a flat mat glaze on it.


This is an older ornament that I bought in a set.  They are glass blown and are trying to replicate an antique glass blown ornament.  I have broken a section out of one of them as the glass is extremely thin and it easy to  break when dropped on the table.

I am a part time art teacher today.  There is a study hall and a word processing class that I will be working with in the computer lab.  We had a light one inch snow last night and it got very cold again.  Saturday or Sunday looks like we have a little bit of a warm up with the melting of this white stuff.   The final weeks of December seem to get very busy and scheduled with tasks to do.  I have less things on the list this year than most years but the traditional stress sits in for me anyway.  I hope it quiet downs at least a few days before Christmas.  I am out of school at the end of the day on the 22nd.

Thanks for stopping by my post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun to remember where and when you got an ornament. These are lovely!

My sister gets out for Christmas break on the 22nd also. Hope you have a pleasant day at school today and best wishes for a nice weekend.

Linda said...

Your decorations are a real box of treats. It is such a lovely idea to buy an ornament on a visit to a different city or country.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Beautiful ornaments. Do they store ok like that? I would think you'd wrap them in tissue paper or something.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a pretty collection of ornaments. My mom buys each of her grandchildren a special ornament each year. It's fun thinking about the memory behind different ornaments.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a beautiful box of ornaments..I would love to find a box like that some day at a garage sale..:)

The Musical Gardener said...

Wow what a box of blown glass treasures - lot of antique beauties there.

My birds are still sitting - maybe today is the day.

No adolescents today - yeah!