Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wednesday's Wanderings...........


I swapped a violet of this one for a multi colored one with my wife's cousin.  It is my goal for both of us to get some starts from it.  I haven't started to do that but I will do it over Christmas break. 

We have only one more box to ship today and it doesn't go very far so we will get it there on time.  I think we will hand write our cards this year, no letter, and we will send them when we get them done.  The timing is not critical for me with me as being in school everyday time is limited. They will be lucky to hear from us or maybe not so lucky.

We like doing letters but sometimes the year's happenings seem too hard to explain or the events seem not something you want to share.  In the old days people just wrote one or two sentences and that will be good for us now. "We are fine, the kids have jobs, we are not dead yet!"


I remember when I was young we were told that we would be the caboose or the last person in line.  When I went to the post office on Monday I was the caboose as there were  many people in front of me and I was the last in line. Tuesday was the same situation, I arrived and six people in line to ship boxes.

One lady in line was in such a hurry she had thrown things into a cardboard box and was writing the address on the outside among all the large printing.  She also didn't have the top flaps sealed.  The post office person circled the address and put arrows around it and then offered to tape the lid shut for her.

Thanks for stopping by my post.  I know everyone is very busy so please be careful out there and take time to rest between the rushing moments. I am a techie today installing computers and trouble shooting for those who are having computer skills problems.

No comments: