Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday's Chores...........


This is a reposted photo of my work location today.  We have family coming over to have a barbecue in the back yard.  It will be next Saturday and I am weeding and mowing.  It is a good thing to have company as it forces you to do the stuff that needs to be done.  I have patio cushions to scrub, I have two pond areas to spruce up and I have a patio to sweep and wash. 

Did I tell you that the science teacher has blessed me with all of his goldfish from his classroom? I will take care of them and return them in the fall.  There are two koi and about eight fancy goldfish.  They came home with me on Friday and they are loving the new area.  There are a few mosquito larvae in the water and they are eating them up quickly.

I will be returning to the backyard after this posting and  after the show This Old House has gone off the air.  I am actually pleased already as to how much better things look out there.  I have a lot more to do and I can work on it during the next week.  The bulk of the work should get done today.  I have a few flowers that can be put outside again and I have tomato and pepper plants to get put in also.  I may not get everything done today.

Thanks for stopping by my post.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely yard to host a barbecue. Don't work too hard!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Having company makes us all work too hard! I hope your work goes along nicely today and it's isn't too hot there. WE had 90 degrees yesterday..but cooler today and we got a 1/4 inch of rain..thank goodness. I suppose you will take the fish back to the school in the Fall:)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Great on getting the fish for their summer vacation!

The clean up will be worth it. Enjoy your gathering.