Monday, May 21, 2012

White, red and blue........


I really like peonies and yet I don't like the fading away of the flowers.  If I have time, I clip the flower heads off and leave the foliage as a hedge.


The creeping bluebells are starting to show off their color.  I may have to water on the south of my house as it is warmer back there and we are in need of rain.  I will water the roses for sure with my rain barrel water.


I guess I have a white, blue and red theme going today.  My red peonies have done well this year.  They bloomed later than all of the rest so they survive all our wind.  I have a couple of the red peony plants that I want to move and I know I should wait  until fall.  Maybe I will wait if stays hot now which is our normal weather.

I am tech guy today and will be busy most of the day doing physical work.  I slide out of school as a permanent sub to become a summer worker for the custodians.  It isn't just janitor work as they have shelving to build and rooms to move around and busy stuff.  The nice thing about cleaning a school in the summer is that it stays clean.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful photos of your garden, Larry. Hope you will get the needed rain soon. We had a terrible thunderstorm last night; thankful not to have had damage and grateful for the water!
Take care.

David - Pinewood Cottage said...

Love the bluebells - do you think they would like the heat down here?

L. D. said...

Many famous gardeners who write books call them the curse with roots. I have through my blogging years been reminded of that by my blogging friends that I should get rid of it. It is a traditional foundation plant that goes with very old houses.

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Red, white and blue....perfect!
You have a beautiful garden with a large variety of flowers. I like the bluebells.....do they creep a lot? As in...take over the garden? How tall do they grow?