Sunday, July 22, 2012

Checking In.......


Moss rose seemed like a magical flower to me when I lived on the farm as a young boy.  It reseeded itself and came up every year on its own.  I was fascinated with color as a kid just as I am now. It was so fascinating to see this strange foliage put out so many multicolored blooms.  I have these in an old enamel ware pan right now but when the weather turns around I will move some of them out and into soil ground level to see if I can get it to reseed.



If you are tired of seeing phlox, geraniums, coneflowers and pinks,  you will have to move on from reading my blogs.  I don't have much of anything else right now.  I have some squash blooms I need to shoot and I did see a dandelion shooting out in the dead grass and it was blooming.  I am taking great care of a dinner plate hibiscus that still has not set buds.  My sedum is looking good this year and is standing up on its own this time around.


I like the shine of the begonia.  It is sitting out on the porch in a planter and they are very hot, but the leaves still shine.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a restful Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love moss rose, also. The phlox and begonia pictures are nice. John and I have an inside joke: whenever he cannot recall the name of a particular plant, he calls it a "begonia!!!"

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of seeing purple and white phlox. They are the ultimate survivors of the prairie and they bring me back to my grandparents and parents who beautified the place here with phlox and daylilies, the two are almost indestructible and give a lot! I recommend them to anyone starting with gardening. Phil/ MN.