Friday, July 6, 2012

Green......


I really do not remember my white hydrangea plants turning green.  I guess the dry weather  has cause them to die down faster than in a normal season.


I was asked about the white hydrangea by one of my blogger friends.  The white one is the standard old fashion plant around our older houses.  I remember only ever seeing white hydrangea while growing up and the color ones that they sell today seemed to an unusual thing around here.  I do see the pink, blue and lime green ones for sale.


We are predicted to be 101 degrees F.  today.  That is 38.3 degrees C. in the rest of the world's scale. It is hot in the building where I work and it will be hotter today as it doesn't cool down much in the night.  I think it was 80 degrees cool when I got up on Thursday morning.

We had a freak storm early Thursday morning with a half inch of rain coming down in torrents. It lasted less than twenty minutes and then we went back to hot weather. We were grateful for any rain.

Hot or cold I am glad you stopped by today. 



2 comments:

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous flowers! Hope you get some cool coming your way soon. We even had 90's and HUMID in the U.P. over the last week, but today is lower 80's with a breeze and next week back to our typical 70's and nice cool evenings...I am kind of looking forward to that. LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

The heat must have helped dry them! I hope you cool off soon..we cooled down today..just barely 70 degrees after it rained and our wind switched to the North:)