Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday's Report for the Day..........


My watergauges are consistent in measuring rainfall.  As you can see they both have the same level of water.  This is water left from our freak twenty minute downpour.  The water level you see here is what is left after a day of 100 degree temps. I figured it was over an inch of rain that we received.



After a second planting and a lot of watering, I did get some zinnias to germinate and grow.  They are not very thick and I will need to move some plants into the blank parts of the area to help fill in the zinnia patch.


Here is my weekly tomato report.  The extreme heat has made the tomato plants thrive.  I did have to water them daily but the hot south side of my house has proven to be a perfect place to plant tomatoes. This set hangs on the vine from the tomato planted in a patio pot.


The phlox looks pathetic but I am glad they have survived our ten days of heat.  We are suppose to start to cool down on Sunday.  Our highs will be closer to normal and 15 to 20 degrees lest than what we have been experiencing.

Mowing parts of my yard, resting, and going to the bookstore are going to be plans for my Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.



3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Larry, you GOT rain??? Sure wish we had some, even a short downpour would be welcoming for the veggies. And our tomatoes too seem to be loving this hot and humid weather as we got quite a few red ones for summer eatin this week!

Patsy said...

No mowing here or rain. They say it will get better soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is cooler here..glad you got some rain. Good to hear you are going to relax:)