Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Frills........


I have had this sedumt for a couple of years.  I had it originally planted in an oriental pot.  Last year I moved it to a crockery container.  It didn't do well in that and over the winter it almost died.  I have broken all of the pieces from it and placed it in this smaller pottery container.



Yes I did take this at an angle.  I don't know why but it adds to the surreal type of planting.  I hope they all will root in fine.  It seems to do well outside in the summer in the shade.  I do know the correct name for this but I will look it up later.  I see green versions of this as well as the red ones in garden magazines.



I still have my piece of cactus in this terracotta pot.  I rescued it from the neighbor's plant trash in the alley way three years ago.  It lives in the house over the winter and does well if I don't over water it. 



What is it?  My past understanding of it from the people around me in life called it a sage like plant.  When I go to the nursery I see it labeled catnip.  It is mostly a wild plant that I have to cut back but never have been able to destroy.  It has a sage like smell but not really true sage, it seems to be more like a weed smell. 

It is Friday and I am glad for that. I have been using a sanding machine on hallway floors all week.  It is sanding down the wax to remove and clean the square tile floor. The dust that is left over is then vacuumed up with a wet/dry machine.  It can then be ready for a clean clear wax coat to be put back onto it. 




Thanks for stopping by my post today.




2 comments:

Linda said...

You're still as busy as ever, Larry!
I can't help you with your mystery plant, but your cactus looks so exotic to my eyes.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Always nice to see what plants you're taking care of. Nice sedum. I'm trying some new sedums this year. Have already killed my favorite. It wasn't draining well and I drowned it. :-(