Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rain......


We received a good rain on Saturday morning.  It will help us out some.  I know that most of it just soaked into the ground as the drainage ditchers around our property never filled with water like it usually does during a rain.


Dry weather encourages the wild volunteer vines to grow.  This is what I call a wild grapeleaf vine.  It may have an official name.  It is growing up the back of my south side of the house.  It has such delicate leaves at this point.


The heat has taken the majority of my phlox plants but the lucky ones that grow near the tomato vines do still survive.  The rain will revive some things but the dead leaves and blooms on flowers will not restore themselves this year. Sections of my wild rose have dead leaves and my viburnum regrouped to green up the leaves on the very ends of the branches.  The rest of the leaves are on the ground as if it were fall.

A rain does give me more hope and I do know we have a cooler work week ahead of us.  I stop being on the janitorial staff in 8 to 10 work days and will go back to being a substitute teacher and tech guy.  School starts on the 22nd of August.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy that you did receive some rain. We are seeing many trees lose their leaves (as you say, just like Fall). School started here last Wed. Seems so very early to us and HOT! I know you will be happy to return to teaching.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Morning Larry, glad to read that you got some rain, even if not nearly enough, hopefully more will come but not in downpours. Those first tomatoes looked mighty good and sliced must taste even better than looking at them. Enjoy and have a great Sunday of rest.