Monday, August 6, 2012

Ruffled and Wet.......


Two of the three young cardinals came to the feeder after our down pour rain.  By the time I found the camera the one female left and this one hung on for more sunflower seeds. The cardinal youngsters learned how to feed at the tray feeder when they were younger and they keep coming back for more.  Their parents have weaned them already and they are on their own.


While I was out  with my camera I was surprised to fine one more bloom on the hollyhock.  It had been rained on and the stamen had lost some of it's powder.

Monday and the weather is cooler.  Low 80's seems cool after ten days of over 100 degree weather.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bird is cute as can be! I know you enjoy watching them return to the feeder.
The details of the hollyhock bloom are so pretty.
Hope you have a very nice Monday! Cooler temps will be welcome!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Sweet little cardinal. They know a good eating spot when they find one.

Your hollyhock bloom is wonderful, I love that color.

Glad you've been getting some rain, and that it's a tad cooler.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Silverlining said...

The details of the Cardinal are beautiful. The rich color and details of the Hollyhock are gorgeous, too. Thank you for sharing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love that color Hollyhock! You sound tired Larry I hope you get some rest this weekend:)