Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday......


Standing guard over the living room our soldier seems in a daze. He seems to be a replica of a nutcracker and yet he looks just like a soldier to the most part.  We are having warm weather again today and maybe more of the snow will be gone.  I have just edges of snow on the roof with ice buildup but I think this days warmth will send it on its way.



Our kids when young would play with this jet at grandma's house.  I couldn't toss it so here it is.  I don't think it has any electrical problems like the 787's  but it does need batteries so it can make it's landing sound when you push the button.



I found this archived photo of these marbles that I had found in my parents basement area.  It reminded me of my yesterday's blog with my mind going on vacation.  The marbles are always a fascination to me as they can be dated by how they were made.  I remember reading about people finding them on the shoreline along the east coast where they had been on ship wrecks in the harbors and they would wash ashore years later after the sinking of the ship.

I am doing various jobs today at school and am very interested in have the weekend start. We have no plans and that is chance to get a little rest.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You found your marbles! I hope you get some rest this weekend Larry..enjoy your weekend! :)

Linda said...

Hooray for the weekend! Hope you're enjoying it. Two days of sanity...