Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Green Cloudy Day........


My ash tree is getting to be so large.  I planted it a long time ago.  I fills the whole corner of the backyard sheltering the fish tank. I need to cut it back some but the saw in hand and the mood needs to be in unison on the same day.  We look so green with all the shrubs putting out all the leaves that are allowed and the grass is tall and green.  I mowed the grass Saturday afternoon.  We went to an early movie, Star Trek, and then I mowed almost all of the yard when we returned.  It sprinkled all morning so I couldn't mow it before the movie. We didn't get rain again but it remains cloudy most of the time.



The fish are doing well in my tank outside.  My son gave me the new fountain system so I posted it so he could see it.  There has been so much rain that it wasn't working.  It was in too deep of water.  I had to get a bucket and bail out a few buckets of water to get the sprinkler to be exposed. I put my three indoor goldfish into the pond yesterday and I have the high school science room's fish to keep in there for the summer. 


My Grandmother Brooks purchased a home in Murray, Iowa back in 1963.   She lived there for a few years until she died in 1972 when she died. My mom took samples of this from the property over to her Osceola home.  I now have three plants of it on my property.  I always think of Grandma Brooks when I see it in bloom. My grandma's regale lily is also in my yard and it does have buds on the stems.

It is Father's day today and also my anniversary day with my wife.  We have been married 29 years now. We will eat out at an favorite Italian place today and marvel that it has been 29 years. The day looks cloudy today and will be warm and humid.  It will be a good day to stay in and rest.  Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Fathers Day Larry! Seems like anniversary wishes are in order for the day too! Have a great day! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Father's Day, Larry, and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. Enjoy your evening out.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Happy anniversary again.
You water garden is the same tub as mine! Nice to hear that fountain I'm sure.