Sunday, June 30, 2013

At the Arts Festival of Iowa...........


I didn't take many photos of this day of activities but I have a few to show the  scale of the shows.  The horse sculpture was massive. It was made from scrap metals of all kinds.  I really don't know how it would be moved to be put in a truck to be taken home with out a lot of people power or a lift.

 The downtown festival was filled with artist's booths from all over the United States. Only ten percent or less are from Iowa in the show.  The protest festival of artist from mostly Iowa is held at the State Fair grounds, inside an air conditioned building.  The other art show was created the second year after the first show started out. Both are good shows and fun to see the work from all over the state and the US.


This is a second shot showing the crowds at the downtown event. It was crowded and people went in all directions.  If you walked slowly the general crowd mulled around in either direction or sometimes just crossed right in front of you. 


The whirligig artist was back again this year.  It is a lot of fun to see all the different things he can make to move in the wind all at the same time. To give credit to the artist, one can go to the Iowa Arts Festival web site and see the names of each of the exhibiting artist that were downtown and one of their works.

I did get some more outside work done Saturday afternoon.  It is crazy how it has all got bogged down but I am slowly turning things around.  I need to find my shears and start trimming the volunteer trees that are growing in all the flower gardens.  Asiatic lilies and stargazers are about to open up.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love all the whirly gig, I have a hard time resisting them. I see you have a new pic of AJ up..he is growing! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great show. Thanks for sharing the photos.