Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday's Rose Show......


This is the rose that I brought from my parents home in southern Iowa. I has a great bud and beginning bloom.  Once it is open it does wilt fast in the hot weather that we have right now.


The carefree roses are really putting out the buds.  I don't know how to trim them back when they are through blooming as there are multiple blooms on the stalks.  I will have to look that up or wait for some helpful hints from my friends.


I rescued this from a dumpster and it didn't have a tag on it but it does remind me of a carefree rose.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Life seems to get so busy that I can't keep up with my comments and my blogging too.  I had many projects on the list for yesterday and I did get a lot of them done.  I will have to work through the week to finish the list.  Thanks......

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful roses! I think if I remember correctly you trim back down to the first set of five leaves. You can just trim the individual cluster..until the entire cluster has bloomed then trim it back to a set of five leaves.
Hope this helps:)

Anonymous said...

What pretty roses and how special to have the one from your parents.