Monday, October 28, 2013

Feels Like Monday!


The maple did change to red at the top.  I was concerned that it would stay brown and not turn.  I really do need to find some new material to share.  I am not wanting to be blogging trees forever.  When tree pictures is all that I have then that is it. This photo reminds me of the wild flower called paintbrush which I have seen in Minnesota.



The digital camera insists that it is this color.  I guess the sunlight really reflects back the red and the green.  I tried to photoshop it back a little so it wouldn't be so intense and I didn't succeed. This is the revived grass that spent the one month being dried out and crispy. 



I am certain that these blooms are gone by now.  We had 29 degrees F. last night and that should have sent them on their way.  I like how you can see some of the weeds are still hanging in there. They have not picked the cornfield as of today but I bet it will be done soon.  We had a short rainy period that slowed things down so they will get to it after they get their larger fields picked.


You may remember when I posted this showing the corn field in the middle or late summer.  I assumed that what you see in the distance was a large patch of corn planted in a different direction.  It actually was beans as the horizon is picked down to soil and is now a brownish dirt color.


I was called in today to be an English teacher for the high school. My future is planned out and I will be a math teacher for the next couple of days. I still have a little outside work to do so I hope we warm up again one or two more days.  We are allowed to burn in town in the fall and I save everything in piles to burn them during November.  I could take them to a town dump area but they also burn them out there.  I guess I would like to eliminate the hauling process so I usually burn. 

I hope all are doing well.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have some pretty last blooms. The corn isn't dry enough up here yet. The farmers are waiting:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like fall is well on its way in your part of the country, Larry, whereas we fare still airing for some colors in our backyard.