Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Monday I was absent or lost.......


It was actually LD  who was the one that was lost.  I didn't blog yesterday and I noticed that the world didn't stop.  I started to do so once but the day was not one in which I could make it happen.  It was a bad day.   But today is a better day so I guess you can say I am back!!!


I looked down in my yard and saw this dried leaf of a corn stalk.  When the wind blows dried parts of the corn do break loose and head out away from the field.


The field across the street is getting closer to be ready for picking.  The small rains did keep the tops of the corn green.  Soon it will all fire out and the combines will be out there.  This field is a small field of 13 acres the a farmer rents.  The field beyond belongs to a different owner. 


 This is tall corn compared to the majority of the fields that we see in Iowa this year.  Most of the corn did not get in between the bad weather so it is late.  It is probably a foot shorter and I am sure the yield will be a lot less.  Farmers who did get their corn in early are busy harvesting their fields.  Soy beans are coming out before corn this year for some reason. I think they have a shorter maturity season and a lot of farmers did put in soy beans this year because they didn't get the corn in soon enough.

It is Tuesday and I am having a better day.  Sometimes things just don't seem to be what they should be and one really can't change it much.  I am subbing in a math room today in the high school.  Yesterday was a busy band day for high school and middle school.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a better day. My college girlfriend in S. GA grows corn and soybeans. Each year is different depending on the weather.

John and I are struggling with either a cold or allergy. Yesterday, was the worst.

Hope you and your wife are better.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good thing you found yourself again. The corn looks better there than it does here, that last heat wave in August was hard on the corn:(