Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday's Tidbits..........


I really didn't do much with my trains this Christmas.  I haven't put them away yet but I did get some of them under one tree.  One train set I didn't even bring down for display.  Even though these are small and plastic I like them anyway.  I looked at train sets at Hobby Lobby just to see what is out there and some of the larger ones were all sold out.  The small ones are really small and would be hard for kids to deal with to run them.


A modern ornament is the one birdhouse shown in the picture.  They came as a set of four and each have differnt colors on them.  I went back to pick up a set of 16 ornaments the past week and they had sold them all out already.  The sales start so quickly that people are buying them the next few days after Christmas.  Nothing is lost by not buying the as I have too many of them already.


I am subbing for two different people today.  I haven't been back to school for so long that it seems like I am a stranger here.  I will be in the high school in the morning and then move down to the middle school this afternoon.  I get asked to do a job the day before and it never fails that I get switched or cut in half and do half days to make one day.

We were suppose to be warmer but we still got down to 6 degrees last night.  It is suppose to rapidly warm up this afternoon to 24 degrees F.  I will believe it when I see it. Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John used to set up a train around my mother's little village houses. Our cat Kaboodle was a kitten then and she would chase the train!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to see your trains, Larry. Grenville didn't put his out this Christmas as they are in storage along with the rest of our holiday decorations. The post Christmas sales started in many stores even before the holiday had arrived, which was really sad to see. Everything is rushed for the sake of retailers profits.

Prospero said...

Hi Larry. Nice to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear about the cold.

We complain about the cold here too, but it's a little embarrassing--below 60F and we say it's freezing. So just to show you, I can tell you that it's freezing here today (technically 58F, but you can see how on a sub-tropical island madness blows in with the winter gales).

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear you are two people again...Della will be thrilled! :)
Sending warmer weather but some wind too which still makes it feel cold:(