Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tuesday........


Out the back door we could watch one of  the squirrels deciding if he was safe enough  to go eat from the feeder.  There is a  junco sitting on the other side but I have never noticed squirrels being to concerned about the birds. 


Opening a package was such fun for AJ.  He was getting into our gift to him of the bear with a glowing stomach.  When you press it you can get ten minutes of music. He is in his fasciantation stage of seeing new things and soaking in all the wonders of it. I just realize this is a three generation shot. I am being brave showing my bad side.  All my sides are actually bad.


My fake bird on the door wreath seems to be a serious looking thing.  I am concerned for our male cardinal as I haven't seen him for over a week or more. I suppose someone in the neighborhood went out and bought a big bag of black sunflower seeds and he is living over there. I don't have that many sunflower seeds in my mix.


They are going to start school today with a two hour delay.  They are trying to finish up the semester which was to be finish the Friday before Christmas break.  I didn't get called in today as I figure staff will be there for semester tests and or review.  They are now going to finish off the semester on Wednesday. I probably won't get called in for tomorrow. either.   I have the walnut frame job done now and I have a photo to frame today.  If it is like our past record, I won't get paid for it.  We have three different people out there right now that haven't paid for the work that I have done for them. I will get paid for the walnut frame job as the guy pulls out his checkbook and makes me write it out for him.  He doesn't make an excuse like catch you next week.

The weather topic is getting to be too much but we are going to warm up to 12 degrees F. today.  We are still sitting at below negative temperatures right now but I guess by late today we will be in the positive numbers but still below freezing.  The wind has closed down here so it is better for heating the house.  The old house just hangs in there during this time.  I hope all of you out there are feeling safe, are warm, and have hope for warmer weather.  Thanks for stopping by today.


PS.   It wasn't twenty minutes later after I had posted about this guy that the red cardinal showed up at the feeder.  I am glad he made a liar out of me as I was concerned for him.  The smaller female needs to now show up and I will know that all is well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the 3 generation photo - what a treasure.
Your cardinal photos are just great. Glad the male made an appearance.
How terrible that some have not paid you for your work.
So far, we are staying warm and have not lost electricity.
You two take care.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The three generation photo is very nice. You all look like you're having a good time.

Glad your cardinal returned. Maybe the service at the other place wasn't as good. :-)

Vicki Lane said...

Glad your cardinal showed up! I love seeing them against the snow. And how wonderful to have three generation in a shot!

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad the cardinal returned. I wonder how they survive these temperatures.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I liked the three generation photo too! Someday AJ will really appreciate that photo! Glad the Cardinal showed up! :)