Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday's Things.......


It is a hosta forest as the bumblebees dodge in and out of the blooms. They really are putting out a lot of blooms this year making a great show in the garden.



I captured a fritillary butterfly warming its wings in the sun.  When I first saw it, it was sitting on large hollyhock leaves that were sprouting up a few inches above the ground.  When I returned with the camera, it had moved to other leaves and didn't seem to be very concerned about my presence.  I have more photos to share another day and maybe I can research the kind of fritillary that it is.



I have yet to identify this one but I don't think it will take me long to find out.  I don't want to say for sure until I have researched it even though I think I know the name.



I have posted another daylily where there is a light stripe showing on its petals.  This one is almost solid color and actually looks more red than the photo depicts.

I am back a work today so I posted early last night.  I have to be to work by 6 in the morning so I really blog early the night before.  I will be back painting office area rooms.   Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: