Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Middle of the Week.....




This shrub outside my Monday's classroom is dropping petals already.  It is a lot like blossoms on fruit trees as the flowers don't stay around for a very long time.  I know that I photographed this a few years back but I don't always catch it as it is so early in the season and then its flowers are gone.


It was a grey day so I had a hard time getting a focused photo. The camera doesn't do well with white in low light.  I can see that not all of the buds have opened yet so it will last longer this year.


These daffodils should do well this year as we didn't have a drought last summer.  I am anxious to see some buds coming soon.  We are still cool but that doesn't bother them nor the tulips either.

The Easter lily opens a new bud every two or three days. This is a shot I took of one that was just partially opened.  When they bloom out one bud at a time it helps to keep the plant looking good for a longer time.  I try to check its soil for moisture everyday as they are easy to let get too dry and they just die out rather than finish blooming.  This one seemed to be over watered when I bought it so I am checking it every morning so I stays in perfect growing condition.

No job at school today so we will be taking it easy today.  It is gloomy and cold out there.  We are missing a lot of the rains but we do get mist once in a while to keep the ground wet. I see on the tv that my son in Maine is still shoveling snow as it just doesn't stop out there.  It is a good thing they took a week long to St. Thomas in the middle of all of that.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

I can just smell your pretty Easter Lily, I didn't have one this year. I gave my mother one for years at Easter and Dad planted them around a bird Bath. In the spring they were real thick with blooms and smelled so good.

Vicki Lane said...

We have one of those Star Magnolias -- so pretty but they bloom early and often get hit by a freeze.

Maria said...

Hi Larry, it looks like fairy tale when I stare on that shrub with white blooms. Thanks for sharing.

RachelD said...

larry,

It was lovely to have you drop in at LAWN TEA, and I hope you'll visit again soon.

The Spring has been a long-time-comin' and yesterday's torrential rains and thunderclouds soaked everything between here and Kentucky, I think. I'm glad to see your plants thriving and growing so beautifully. The lily is simply exquisite, and the photo done with a masterful eye.

Glad we're all having better weather, and I can tell you love being outdoors in all this glory of colour.

rachel