Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thursday's Things........





It is beginning to look more like spring around here.  The alliums are up and a few of the hyacinths have come up. The things in the foreground are not sprout up yet but they are they don't come up this soon.









We are getting rains which is helping to green up the grass and a couple of kinds of trees.  Most trees are not budded yet.  We do need rain so we are tolerating it for the good of the soil. When I am at school the kids get disgusted with it.  A lot of track meets have been cancelled the last few days.

















I am looking pretty junky on the back step right now.  The step ladder needs to go back to the shed along with the snow shovel. Most all of the seasons are represented here except for a rake for fall.  I did return them to the shed. The patio set weathers well outside as long as I bring in the cushions.  It will be a least a couple more weeks before I can tear into activities out there.





It doesn't rain inside so I will have to do some watering today of all the tomato plants.  As you can see the fish are sharing the space with the tomatoes as well as the geraniums that are in the background.  I have mentioned before that I am going to give away the majority of the tomatoes.  I am less inspired about putting in a vegetable garden but when it gets a little warmed I will be putting out tomatoes for sure.  I am having a draggy day today so I will have a short post today.  I hope all are doing well and that spring is happening for you.  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your tomatoes are getting taller! We could use some of that rain, not much green here.:(

Patsy said...

Hope it's not because you are getting sick?? Could just be all that rain (gloom with no sun). The spring flowers will make you feel better.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You are ahead of us with your tomato plants, we had a freeze/heavy frost Easter Sunday night so we are waiting a little longer.
Yes, we tolerate the rain, but ooh what beautiful blooms it brings.
~Jo

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Looking like spring there and the seedling sure came up well.

Anonymous said...

We have given up planting veggies. It just gets too hot here in summer. We are fortunate to be near a nice market with fresh fruit/veg. Our grass is beginning to turn green too. The neighbor's parents were asking if we had a self propelled mower - John said YES, by me (it's a reel mower) lol